Global Economics Monthly Review
October 2, 2017
Global Economics – The Big Picture
- The global recovery continues.
- Markets try to gauge the economic effects of the new unified tax proposal.
- In the euro area, economic developments continue to be positive led by domestic demand.
- The improvement in advanced economies' demand has supported an improvement in commodity-exporting economies.
- However, there are some potential risks that may weigh on growth.
- Inflation remains low. Is the Fed becoming less concerned?
- Despite various risks to the inflation outlook, the Fed is determined to increase the interest rate one more time this year, followed by three additional hikes next year.
The full report is presented in PDF format and can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader software. Install the software. File not opening? Please disable pop-up blocking for this site.