Leumi customers can now write, send, and deposit cheques entirely via the
Leumi Mobile app.
Advantages of digital cheques:
- Convenience - Filling out a digital cheque is faster, easier, and more convenient. There's no need for paper cheques, and you can write an entire series of post-dated cheques to the same beneficiary by filling out their information once.
- Simplicity - The easy-to-follow process prevents errors and
- Availability - The digital cheque is always within hand's reach on your mobile phone
- Security - Digital cheques are safe and secure in terms of loss, theft, and forgery
- Tracking - Customers can track their cheque via the Leumi Mobile app. Additionally, beneficiaries will receive reminders regarding upcoming digital cheque deposits
- Go Green! - Digital cheques are environmentally friendly, saving on both paper and ink.
Who can use the digital cheque service?
At this point in time, digital cheques are intended for use by both private and business Leumi customers (issuer and beneficiary) via the Leumi Mobile app
- The Digital Cheque is exclusively developed by Bank Leumi and is considered a cheque for all intents and purposes. Until it is recognized by the Bank of Israel and the Ministry of Justice, the Law of Bills does not apply to digital cheques.
- Digital cheques issued via the Leumi Mobile application are limited to NIS 10,000 per cheque.
Please note: The Digital Cheque service is currently only available in Hebrew