Information Security for Online Banking Services
Do you transfer money, deposit in savings or trade in securities on the internet?
Following Leumi’s advanced security measures and by following a number of simple rules, you can perform your transactions much more safely.
Leumi makes ongoing efforts to maintain user privacy and the confidentially of banking information by:
- Incorporating advanced means of protection for user activities.
- Upgrading and adjusting security systems according to existing threats online.
- Stringent tests of all systems by specialized external parties.
For additional information about online security at Leumi, please click on the links provided below:
For your convenience, we have summarized the major tips and measures for secure browsing:
- Enter the Bank’s website address and avoid entering the website via links or through emails that were received from an unknown or unreliable sources (to avoid Phishing). Before using the link to the entry page of the account, which appears in the email/text notifications sent by Leumi, please check that the personal identification word chosen by you appears in the subject field or in the body of the notification.
- If you received an email that looks suspicious, do not click the links which appear inside of it. A copy of the notification should be sent to email@example.com
- Ensure that at the beginning of the address the letters https appear which specify encrypted communication.
- Choosing a random password which is difficult to guess.
- The personal password should not be given to anyone, even if they identify themselves as Bank Leumi or are associated with it.
- Do not keep your identification information in a place which is accessible to others, or on the computer, because of the concern that they may be revealed by Trojan horses or file sharing programs, which allow access to files on the computer.
- Do not send via email your identification details to enter your personal account, including the your credit card number.
- When accessing the system, the date and time of your last access to the system will appear. In this way it is possible to ensure that the information that appears is indeed correct, and that no entry was made into your account without your knowledge.
- While browsing the system, prevent physical access of other persons to the station from which you are brosing.
- Upon ending the session, disconnect from the system using the logoff function, and if using a public computer, closing the browser is also recommended.
- Avoid browsing on computers where the degree of security is unknown.
- Regularly and systematically check your accounts on the Internet.
General Methods of Caution that should be Taken When Using a PC:
- Use of data security programs, for example: Personal firewall programs, Anti Virus programs, and Anti Spyware systems. Regularly upgrade these systems.
- Use a new version of the browser (Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 3.5, Safari 3.2, Opera 9.5, Google Chrome, or any other more advanced version of these browsers).
- Update the operating system, browser and other shelf software with updates that are publicized from time to time, which are related to Data Security.
- Avoid sharing folders containing personal information, when using file sharing software.
- Avoid installing unknown software and downloading files from an unknown/unreliable source from the internet and onto the computer.
Additional Information Security Info About Leumi's Digital Serivces:
(*Please remember: All Leumi Digital services and their online security information are both available only in Hebrew, at this time):
- Electronic Mail Online Security Information
- Mobile Phone Application Online Security Instructions
- Banking Center *5522 Online Security Information
- "Leumi on Time" Online Security Information
- Leumi V (Video Chat service) Online Security Information
- International Trading via Internet Online Security Information
You can contact the technical support call center if you need any clarifications, questions and for support.
- Subscriber to Leumi's Internet Banking by calling: 03-9544333
- Subscriber to Leumi Premium by calling: 03-9544888