Instructions for Securing your PC
Guidelines for Securing Your PC
- Use a current, updated version of anti-virus programs on your computer.
- Use an Anti-Spyware program in order to identify spyware on your computer, and update it on an ongoing basis.
- Use a Personal Firewall program on your PC.
- Use a new version of the browser (Safari 3.2 Opera 9.5, Google Chrome, 3.5, Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox, or any other, more advanced version of these browsers).
- Update the operating system, browser and other shelf software with updates that are publicized from time to time, which are related to Online Security.
- Your identification details should not be kept on a computer in order to avoid exposure to Trojan horses, or file sharing programs (e.g. Emule), which allows access to your computer files.
- Avoid installing unknown programs onto your computer.
- Avoid downloading unknown files from the internet.
- It is recommended to define that temporary files be automatically erased when closing the browser, through the tool bar -> internet possibilities -> advanced -> erase the file “Temporary Internet Files."
Home wireless network users
- The default user name and password should be changed on the wireless router.
- It is recommended to secure the wireless communication by using a wireless encryption protocol such as WPA.
For additional information about online security at Leumi, please click on the links provided below: