Leumi invests much effort and many resources in order to reduce its environmental effects and intends continuing to invest in this in the future for the benefit of all, especially the future generations!
Following are examples of the major issues addressed by Leumi:
Responsible waste treatment
- Waste reduction and recycling
- Raising employee and supplier awareness of the issue.
Preventing greenhouse gas emissions
- Gauging the fuel consumption of the vehicles that Leumi places at its employees’ disposal.
- Expanding the use of central transport facilities to work sites and work meetings
- Establishing international video-conferencing in order to avoid overseas flights
- Leumi tracks its GHG emissions and since 2010 participates and reports to the Voluntary GHG registry of the Israeli Ministry of Environment Protection.
To the extent that this is possible, Leumi will incorporate the principles of green construction when renovating or constructing branches and buildings.