Global Economics Monthly Review
- Global GDP is expected to contract substantially in the second quarter.
- The spread of the coronavirus across South America is expected to cause a substantial contraction in GDP in these countries during the second quarter.
- Inflation in the developed countries is expected to continue to decline during the second quarter, due to the drop in domestic demand.
- Central banks in South America are adjusting their policies to deal with the crisis.
- Peru and Chile cut their interest rates aggressively at an early stage, in order to support the low domestic demand.
The full report is presented in PDF format and can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader software. Install the software. File not opening? Please disable pop-up blocking for this site.