Celebrating Leumi's Green Label
A Green Label, granted jointly by the Israel Standards Institution and the Ministry of Environmental Protection, attests to the fact that a product or service has a low impact on the environment. In a world with continual growth in environmental awareness, we all understand the power of our impact on the environment in which we live.
A reduction in harm to the environment can be accomplished, among other ways, through the use of environmentally friendly products and services.
A product or service with a Green Label reduces use of hazardous materials, improves energy efficiency, and more.
The Green Label represents for the manufacturer or service provider a marketing advantage over competitors in the field, and is an objective certification that the product or service is, in fact, “environmental” and not making a false claim (“greenwashing”).
Advantages of the Green Label:
- Encourages the design, manufacture, marketing, and use of products and services such that minimal damage will be caused to the environment, or that environmental quality will be improved, at the various stages of the product or service lifecycle.
- Enables consumers to identify environmentally friendly products or services, and encourages them to give preference to such products or services over others, without this environmental friendliness affecting the main characteristics of the product or service, its safety or its quality.
- Distinguishes between labeling misleading the customer and approved labeling.
- Enables the accumulation of points in green construction.
- The Israel Standards Institution is a member of the international organization GEN, which incorporates dozens of eco-labeling organizations throughout the world. As a direct result of this, under certain conditions, there is a possibility of mutual international recognition of the Green Label.