Financial Statements Q3 2008
Net profit of NIS 1.275 billion ($372.7 million) for Leumi in the first nine months of 2008.
- In accordance with the Immediate Report regarding the expected significant negative impact on business results during the third quarter, the Bank recorded a loss of NIS 84 million ($24.6 million) during the third quarter of 2008.
- The primary influences on the Bank’s results were the situation in global markets, the collapse of Lehman Brothers and Washington Mutual, and the worsening state of the Israeli economy.
- The Bank’s shareholders’ equity amounted to NIS 19.6 billion ($5.7 billion) – unchanged from year-end 2007.
- The Bank’s capital adequacy continues to be extremely high: 12.08%.
- An increase of 4.5% in credit granted to the public compared with year-end 2007 to NIS 207.5 billion ($60.7 billion).