The Leumi Group's Q2/13 Financial Statements
Net profit of NIS 1,044 million ($289 million) for Leumi in the first half of 2013
Represents an increase of 46.8% compared with a profit of NIS 711 million ($197 million) in the first half of 2012
- Net profit in the second quarter of 2013 was NIS 474 million ($131 million) – an increase of 69.3% compared with a net profit of NIS 280 million ($77 million) in the second quarter last year.
- Net return on equity in the first half of 2013 was 8.4% (on an annual basis), compared with 6.0% in the first half of 2012.
- A decrease of NIS 401 million ($111 million) in credit loss expenses – a decrease of 71.9% compared to the first half of 2012.
- The share of credit to households and small businesses in the credit portfolio increased during this period by 2.9% compared with March 31, 2013.
- The capital adequacy ratio at the end of the first half of 2013 reached 15.02%, of which the core capital ratio was 9.03%.
The contribution of the corporate and commercial segments to the net profit was NIS 698 million ($193 million), which represents 66.8% of the net profit.