The Leumi Group's Q1/10 Financial Statements
An Increase in Leumi's Profits in the first quarter of 2010:
Net profit of NIS 596 million ($161 million) compared with NIS 429 million ($116 million) in the same quarter last year, an increase of 38.9%
- Net operating profit amounted to NIS 592 million ($159 million), compared with NIS 428 million ($115 million) in the same quarter last year, an increase of 38.3%
- Net return on equity: 11.2% (on an annual basis)
- Net interest income increased in the first quarter of 2010 by 32.7% amounting to NIS 1,807 million ($487 million)
- Credit to the public increased by 1.4% in relation to the end of 2009 and amounted to NIS 207.6 billion ($56 billion)
- The capital adequacy ratio reached 14.87%, of which Tier I capital is 8.43%.