The Leumi Group's Q3/09 Financial Statements
Net profit of NIS 1.47 billion ($391.2 million) for Leumi in the first nine months of 2009.
Net profit of NIS 534 million ($142.1 million) in the third quarter of 2009.
- Net return on equity in the first nine months of 2009: 10.3%
(on an annual basis) and in the third quarter 2009: 11.0%
(on an annual basis).
- The capital adequacy ratio reached 14.1%, of which Tier I Capital
- Total income (net interest income and operating and other income) increased by NIS 860 million ($228.8 million) (11.2%) in the first nine months of 2009, to NIS 8.5 billion ($2.3 billion)
- Operating and other expenses declined by some NIS 240 million ($63.9 million) (4.6%) in the first nine months of 2009, primarily as a result of a 9.1% reduction in salary expenses.
- Net profit was influenced by, inter alia, the profit from the sale of the Bank's holdings in Hot, in the amount of NIS 115 million ($30.6 million), and by the profit from the sale of Bezeq shares in the amount of NIS 55 million ($14.6 million), which was partially offset by an increase in tax expenses in the amount of NIS 146 million ($38.9 million), arising from the adjustment of deferred taxes due to the program for the reduction of companies tax rates.