Bank Leumi and its subsidiaries constitute one of Israel's largest banking groups which began its activities more than 100 years ago. Leumi's predecessor, the Anglo Palestine Company, was established in London in 1902 by Otsar Hityashvuth HaYehudim Jewish Colonial Trust Limited, the predecessor of Otsar Hityashvuth HaYehudim B.M.
Leumi is involved in a variety of banking, financial and non-banking activities, in Israel and overseas. Leumi operates through the Bank, its subsidiaries and associate companies through 278 branches located throughout Israel, and through 60 branches, agencies and representative offices in 17 countries throughout the world.
Leumi's policy, in Israel and overseas, is to provide its customers with comprehensive banking and financial solutions, high level professional service, varied distribution channels, and a wide variety of products, adapted to each customer's needs.
To implement its strategy, the Bank operates five business lines, with each business line providing banking and financial services to a particular customer segment: Corporate Banking services major and international companies, Commercial Banking services middle market companies, International Private Banking services wealthy customers requiring highly sophisticated investment solutions, Retail Banking services households and small businesses and Capital Markets and Financial Management coordinates all the activities of the trading rooms and the nostro, with a view to improving service to customers active in the capital and financial markets, including institutional customers.
The Leumi Group includes subsidiaries which provide financial services in various fields, such as credit cards and underwriting.
Further, Leumi invests in non-banking corporations operating in the fields of infrastructure, Israeli and overseas real estate, communications and the media, energy, shipping, food, retail trade and the chemical industry.