Instructions for Browsing Through your Leumi Account
The Internet provides a great deal of information and many services, but conceals a great many risks. Therefore, it is very important to follow these basic rules for secure site browsing.
Protecting your identification details:
- Your identification details for the system are personal and confidential. Do not keep them in a place which is open and accessible to others, and do not give them to any strangers.
- You should ensure that when you enter the system there are no unauthorized parties around you.
- Your personal password should not be given to anyone, even if they identify themselves as Bank Leumi or are associated with the bank. If you are asked to give your password , do not provide it! You should immediately report it to Leumi‘s support center at 03-9544333.
- Your identification details should not be kept on a computer or cellular phone in case of exposure to viruses, malicious software, Trojan horses, or file sharing programs that permit access to files on the computer.
- When registering to various internet websites, do not use the same identification details (user name and password), which you use for identification to Leumi.
- Do not send emails with your identification information, for entry into your personal account, including your credit card number.
When accessing the account:
- It is recommended to avoid accessing your account from a computer with an unknown security level.
- It is recommended to avoid simultaneously opening additional internet windows.
- When accessing the bank's website, type in the URL manually : https://hb2.bankleumi.co.il
- When accessing the account, the date and time of your last access to the system will appear. You should ensure that the data appearing there is correct.
- While using the system, take care to prevent other people from looking at or taking down your personal information.
When you export data and save files on your computer, you may want to encrypt the files using an encryption tool. Under no circumstances should you save data files on a public computer.
When using a browser, a green lock will appear next to the website address. Clicking on this lock will reveal the website details (in some of the browsers the name appears automatically – Bank Leumi Le-Israel LTD) and the details of the SSL certificate (the certificate which encrypts the communication). This display is evidence that the communication encryption is valid.
Exiting the system
- After 20 minutes of non activity in the system, the communication link will be shut down automatically by the system. However, upon completion of using the system, you should not wait for an automatic shut down, but perform an initiated shut down by activating the exit function.
- Upon completion of using the system, especially on a random computer, you should close the browser. After exiting the system, accessing the system will only be possible by re-identification.
Treatment of passwords
- Choosing passwords - When first accessing the system you should enter the initial password that you received and immediately change it to a new one. It is important to remember that the password chosen will be random, difficult to guess but easy for you to remember. The password needs to include at least 6 characters combining numbers and letters.
- Change of password – Your personal password can be changed at any time, and it is recommended to change it any time there is a possibility that it was revealed. To change the password click on “My Leumi” on the row of activities in the top menu, and in the right hand menu chose “password and definitions.” On the page that opens, choose “change password”
- Towards the end of 180 days from the last time the password was changed, the system will present a notice requesting a change of password. If the password is not changed within 180 days it will be blocked.
- Blocking A Password – The password will be blocked after five continuous unsuccessful login attemps.
- Release of Password – To release a password that was blocked or forgotten, the service ”renew password” can be used, or contact the support center at 03-0954-4333 (when dialing within Israel.)
- Notice on release of password – In order to allow control over the transaction, a subscriber to “Leumi on Time” will be notified by cell phone that the password has been released to their subscriber.
For additional information about online security at Leumi, please click on the links provided below: