The Leumi Group's Q1/12 Financial Statements
Net Profit of NIS 431 million ($116 million) for Leumi in the first quarter of 2012
- Net return on equity was 7.5% (on an annual basis).
- Net interest income totaled NIS 1,822 million ($490.4 million) in the first quarter of 2012, an increase of 0.6% compared with the corresponding period last year.
- Non-Interest income totaled NIS 1,183 million ($318.4 million) for the first quarter of 2012. This represents an increase of 2.8% from the corresponding period last year.
- Net credit to the public was NIS 240.5 billion ($64.7mIllion), an increase of 6.9% compared to the corresponding quarter last year.
- The capital adequacy ratio reached 14.69%, of which the core capital ratio was 8.28%
- Leumi's exposure to certain European countries (GIIPS) amounted to NIS 916 million ($246.6 million), a decrease of 8% compared to December 31, 2011. As of the financial statements publication date, the exposure decreased further by NIS 100 million ($26.9 million).