Leumi in the Community
Leumi's Youth Activities
Leumi’s policy in the field of contribution to and involvement in the community aims at strengthening Israeli society.
The main emphasis in Leumi’s community activities is placed on strengthening youth and advancing them through education, training to improve their academic achievements, instilling in them values and encouraging them to pursue higher education.
In 2002, in celebration of one hundred years of the establishment of Leumi, and in the spirit that guided its founders, Leumi management decided to mark its centennial year by establishing a unique entity for the community, founding the “Leumi Tomorrow – The Centennial Fund for Endowing Israel’s Future Generation” (a registered Non Profit Organization, NPO).
The fund, which constitutes Leumi’s main channel of investment in the community, invests in promoting youth and adolescents by supporting various educational programs. These programs endeavor to raise the number of students eligible for matriculation certificates, to improve the quality of their matriculation, to increase the number of IDF recruits in meaningful service and to render academic studies accessible to youth. The focus is on these areas out of the belief that they constitute the “entry ticket” into Israeli society.
In parallel to the fund, Leumi supports other projects in the sphere of education. These projects are conducted throughout the country among all sectors of the population – Jews and Arabs, Druze and Bedouins, veteran residents and new immigrants. The activities are held in cooperation with institutes of education and higher learning as well as with social organizations.
Support for the various projects is also expressed through involvement of Leumi employees in several forms. They participate in the activities, attend events, take an active part in community activity together with the youth, host them in the bank branches, give lectures on financial management and conduct organizational workshops, among others.
Leumi encourages its employees to take an active part in volunteer activities and to be involved in community life. To this end it places at their disposal voluntary frameworks and a range of opportunities to contribute and volunteer. The flagship program of employee involvement is “Leumi in Movement”, in cooperation with the Council of Youth Movements. Employees from the bank’s units partner with groups of volunteers from the year of Israeli National Service within the framework of youth movements, and together they act together for the benefit of the local community.
Projects supported by Leumi:
- "Leumi in Movement", in collaboration with the Council of Youth Movements
- Young Entrepreneurs project, in collaboration with “The Young Entrepreneurs Israel” organization
- The Leumi Robotics Center, at the Technion Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa
Projects supported by “Leumi Tomorrow – the Centennial Fund for the Endowing Israel’s Future Generation”:
- “Leumi Aharai (Follow Me) –IDF”, “Leumi Aharai (Follow Me) – Learning Centers” and “Leumi Aharai (Follow Me) along the Way”, in cooperation with the association “Youth Leading Change – Aharai (Follow me)". (To read more information about “Aharai, (Follow Me)" program, please click here.)
- “Atidim” program, in collaboration with “Friends of Atidim” association
- “Ma'ase Organization” (in cooperation with the 'Northern Goals' Association)-the organization primarily seeks to promote the values of volunteerism and to increase the accessibility of volunteer programs to youths from marginalized backgrounds. (To read more information about the “Ma'ase Organization”, please click here.)
- “The program for promoting accessibility to higher education in the Negev”, in cooperation with Ben Gurion University of the Negev
- “Nirim” Association– in support of the “Nirim” Youth Village.